If you’re looking to Sell Fluke NetTool Series II Microscanner 2 LinkRunner
NetTool Series II
Email not responding? Who’s to blame? Where to start? NetTool Series II redefines how to track down and isolate the source of connectivity problems while providing the vision you need to troubleshoot network devices.
The new Series II NetTool features NetProve™ diagnostics – this easy, one-button test proves if the network is to blame for a connectivity problem. In seconds, you can test connectivity to key devices and service ports enterprise-wide.
NetTool’s inline vision provides a unique view into 10, 100 and Gigabit links to troubleshoot device problems fast. Verify compatible configurations of switches and PCs. Monitor the conversations between VoIP phones and the network. Monitor ports for suspicious traffic from spyware, malware, and viruses. Discover key devices, problems, VLANs and switch ports. Measure PoE line voltage and current and verify PoE pairs.
And if the problem is cable related, NetTool verifies wiremap, displays the distance to cabling faults, and locates cables others can’t with IntelliTone Digital Toning.
All this in a handheld, portable tool built to take what you can dish out.
Buying, Selling, Trading Fluke NetTool Series II Microscanner
NetTool Series II features
- NetProve diagnostics – isolate device and application connectivity issues in seconds.
- Inline Gigabit – troubleshoot Gigabit-tothe- desk deployments with dual 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps Ethernet interfaces.
- PoE current measurement – view PoE current, voltage and pair information either inline or single-ended.
- Monitoring and authentication option – identify spyware, malware, and viruses with port monitoring; troubleshoot authentication issues with 802.1X log.
- VoIP Option – monitor IP phone boot-up and VoIP conversations and measure key call quality metrics.
- PC to network connectivity – connect inline between two network devices and see common connectivity problems like speed and duplex mismatch, link problems, and errors.
- PC’s network configuration – review servers the PC is configured to use, with services offered, name, IP address and subnet.
- VLAN, CDP, EDP, LLDP visibility – see native and appliance VLANs and discovery protocol information. Inline vision between the PC or VoIP phone and network to solve application connectivity problems with the touch of a button
- Spot available network resources – see the IP address, MAC address, subnet, and services offered by active servers, routers and printers.
- Identify protocols on the PC and network – IP, NetWare, NetBIOS, Apple, and other protocols shown to identify mismatches and unwanted protocols.
- Distinguish service at a network drop – determine whether a drop is offering Ethernet, phone, Token Ring, or is inactive.
- Monitor network health – see frames sent, utilization, broadcasts, errors, and collisions – for both the desktop and network conversations.
- Problems Log – alerts you to excessive errors, duplicate IPs, unanswered DNS queries, unwanted protocols and TCP/IP connection failures.
- Perform basic cable tests – check patch cables or installed wiring for length, shorts, split pairs, or opens, including pin-to-pin connection.
- IntelliToneTM Digital Signalling – quickly and safely locate cables on active networks, even when terminated at a switch.
Isolate device and application connectivity issues in seconds with NetProve™
Verify, isolate, and document device and connectivity problems faster than ever before with automated NetProve diagnostics. A user calls you, blaming the network, when he is unable to send an email message. Armed with a NetTool Series II, in seconds you can prove whether the network is truly at fault by seeing connectivity to key network devices and services. If the network is at fault, NetProve will isolate the source of the problem so you can fix it fast. If it is not the network, NetProve will identify which device or application port is slow to respond so you can dispatch the appropriate resource to correct the problem. This revolutionary new way to resolve connectivity issues is at least four times faster than conventional methods, resulting in improved productivity and happier users.
And NetProve improves IT staff efficiencies through improved workflow – simply create multiple catalogs representing various segments of your network. Within minutes, you can prove connectivity with up to 100 key enterprise devices and services. Do you manage remote sites? Equip less skilled personnel at remote sites with NetTools, pre-loaded with NetProve catalogs, to shift some frontline troubleshooting responsibilities to local staff.
Inline functionality reduces troubleshooting time
NetTool Series II is the only handheld troubleshooting tool with inline vision into 10, 100 and Gigabit links to see the actual traffic between the network and end devices like PCs, VoIP phones, access points and security cameras. By analyzing networkdevice conversations, you can view detailed configuration information to troubleshoot compatibility and connectivity issues. Monitor link health and network problems, discover key devices, identify active protocols, and view segment information including VLANs and switch port.
Maintain network security
Suspect malicious applications may be affecting a user’s network connection? The monitoring and authentication option allows you to identify spyware, malware, and viruses fast. Select from a list of ports used on your network and test against the expected list during troubleshooting. Unexpected traffic and ports will be displayed and flagged during the autotest.
Whether you have already deployed 802.1X or plan to soon, the monitoring and authentication option can help. For troubleshooting, monitoring and authentication can be used inline between a PC and the network to observe the client authentication process and identify failures. For deployment, your NetTool can be used to emulate a device and verify connection by loading it with your enterprise 802.1X configuration settings.
Debug VoIP phone problems
Connect inline for visibility into real-time VoIP traffic to quickly diagnose IP phone boot-up and call control problems and to measure key call quality metrics. Qualify links as being ready for VoIP during pre-deployment assessments. Monitor VoIP calls and troubleshoot VoIP problems near the edge of your network with an immediate view into call processes, avoiding the need for complicated and time-consuming packet capture and post-capture decode. Measure key VoIP metrics, including jitter and dropped packets, to quantify the quality of an IP call.
Measure PoE power
Fully characterize your Power over Ethernet (PoE) links prior to the rollout of PoE services or the installation of powered devices. Verify the PoE pairs, line voltage and current to ensure a successful deployment. Place a NetTool Series II inline between a PD and PSE to troubleshoot PoE link configuration issues.
Locate cables on active networks
IntelliTone digital signaling gives you superior vision for locating cables hidden in floors, ceilings, walls and in bundles. When paired with an IntelliTone Probe (optional), this breakthrough digital technology facilitates safe and effective cable location on active networks, even when terminated at a switch. The IntelliTone Probe clearly identifies this digital signal with audio and LED visual indicators, allowing rapid isolation of the correct cable from a bundle or on a patch panel – eliminating hours of cable confusion.
Save, send, or print reports
Generate comprehensive test reports to document network resources and PC configurations – document the network, end device, protocols, key devices, VoIP log and NetProve pass/fail results. Create baseline reports for future reference. Deliver proof that the network is operating properly or, if not, document the source of the problem for trouble ticket escalation to other groups like the server or application support team.
Minimize training time, maximize productivity
NetTool is so easy to use, even inexperienced technicians can get up to speed quickly with minimal training. And it’s priced so every technician can have one. By reducing the time and expense associated with troubleshooting PC, VoIP, device application connectivity problems, NetTool dramatically increases technician productivity.
At a Glance :
- Link : Determine whether the drop is active, identify its speed, duplex capabilities and service type-10/100/1000 Mbps.
- Ping : Verify connectivity to key devices.
- Cable verification : Multiple tests help you quickly determine if cable is the problem.
- Cable identification : Document unmarked segments, saving you hours of troubleshooting time.
- Improved efficiency : Speed up the escalation process by identifying physical or link layer problems.
Product Capabilities :
- An essential, personal tool to quickly verify network connectivity and availability.
- As networks run faster and become more complex, infrastructure cabling and devices must operate to precise levels in a tighter performance window.
- As a result, nearly 80% of network problems stem from simple wiring and connection problems.
- Front-line technicians are the first line of defense against problems in the physical and link layers of the network.
- LinkRunner improves your troubleshooting and escalation accuracy by helping you to quickly identify if a problem is the network or the PC NIC.
Yesterday’s cable verification testers-force users to toggle between up to four different modes of operation to view all test results. This not only slows the test process, but also causes frustration and leads to high user error rates. MicroScanner2 has defeated this challenge by displaying key test results – wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far end device – all on one screen. Plus it features an oversized, backlit LCD screen with the power to display wiremap results graphically, which brings unprecedented comfort and clarity to the user experience.
Tired of losing or breaking all the adapters needed for testing the various voice, data, and video media types? MicroScanner2 makes these awkward adapters things of the past with built-in RJ11, RJ45, and coax support. Both the main unit and the far-end identifiers can be used to test telephone jacks, Ethernet jacks, and CATV outlets right out of the box. Just one more way MicroScanner2 streamlines cable verification.
MicroScanner2 features built-in IntelliTone digital and analog toning to precisely locate virtually any cable or wire pair, regardless of work environment. Use digital mode to locate high-grade data cabling (Cat 5e/6/6a) in bundles, or at switches, patch panels, or wall outlets. Digital mode especially performs in environments with high data, RF, or electromagnetic interference. When coupled with the IntelliTone 200 Pro Probe, it can also be used to verify cable wiremap from either the tester end or the probe end.
Use analog mode on voice-grade cabling (Cat 3 and below), as well as coax, security/alarm, and speaker wiring. These cables are optimized for lower frequency transmissions, and therefore are more easily isolated with a low-frequency tone. MicroScanner2’s smart analog tone eliminates frustrating guesswork locating individual wire pairs during installations by changing songs each time the pair under test is shorted together. This provides technicians a decisive way to identify individual wire pairs before punching them down or when diagnosing voice transmission problems.
VDV Service Detection:
Voice, Data, and Video technicians have a lot more problems to deal with than just the cabling. They have to rule out a whole host of potential cable and service issues before determining the cause of a connection problem. MicroScanner2 acknowledges this, giving technicians high power vision to detect today’s most common service problems. Detect the presence of POTS voltage and verify polarity. Verify powered 10/100/1000 Ethernet switches at the far end. Or, confirm proper PoE voltage and pairs.
With all the abuse you put your tools through, you can’t afford for them to be delicate. MicroScanner2 features a rubber wrap-around holster that makes it the right tool for even the toughest jobs. Toss it into your toolbox.It can handle it. Plus, it now comes standard with a vinyl carry pouch for enhanced protection and convenience.
If you’re selling your Fluke NetTool Series II Microscanner please fill out form on the right hand side of page.